Saturday, November 20, 2010

SEWING TABLE




I love sewing but I am also a big scrapbooker so I needed to incorporate the two crafts into one room. I did not want to take out my long white table I have in the room for when my girlfriends come over to scrapbook for the day. I did however want a sewing table to work on. Hubby had a piece of 3/4 inch thick of solid white plastic sheet that is 30 x 60. He sanded the top to make it as smooth as he could and then drew the ruler measurements on one long side and one short side. I designed two magazine / book holders for the table to hold up all my patterns in the magazines while working on them the Measurements for the magazine stands you see on the table can be found HERE.

I took a 5x7 picture frame and placed a printed piece of pattern paper in place of  photo. I then cut out the top heading and side decor from black vinyl with my cricut and SCAL program. I love taking notes and write many of my measurements down while I work so having many whiteboards to work on is a plus for me.