I wanted my sew in labels to match my blog header and my business cards. So after some playing around I came up with these. I designed them first in Word, printed them on iron on transfer for fabric and ironed them onto Twill tape that is 1 1/2". I iron it on to the bottom edge so that leaves the top for the seam allowance to be sewn in the corner of all my purses/handbags. I complete each edge of the lable with a double overedge stitch so the twill tape does not fray
I finish off each item I create with a hanging tag below. The hanging tags were also created in word with the business card template. Once printed I punched the top and bottom edges with my eyelet paper punch. Now labels and tags (I list the price of my items on the back of the tag when I do craft fairs) match for all my sewing projects.
I ran out of my 1 1/2 twill tape today and labels I already made so I had some canvas 1" ribbon and cut them long enough to fold in half. I then ironed on my label once again and my label was complete. I like them both so I will make a bunch of both styles to have on hand at all times.