Thursday, September 30, 2010

THE DAWNIE


I have not used my embroidering part of my sewing machine in a little bit so I decided to embroider my sisters name on her handbag. I love the deep rich colors and they are just perfect for fall. The orange just pops right out at you. I found this awesome Tye dye material t Mardins for .79 cents for a fat quarter. The bag is a modified pattern I created from an original pattern I had. It uses 4 fat quarters to create the bag, 2 fat quarters to create the pockets inside and 1/2 quarter for the pockets outside.

The handbag measures 16 1/2 wide x 14 length x 5 depth.

The inside has 4 pockets that each measure 4 1/2 in height. The zipper pocket measures 8 1/4 wide x 7 3/4. The top part of the zipper pocket is not sewn to the inside lining so s to create another pocket.